Thursday, June 9, 2011

just a quick note...

I haven't been blogging. I know. But I have some good excuses. We are staying with Derick's parents, and we are helping them to remodel. The room that we are working on is going to be the guest room/our room for now, and then the old bedroom is becoming the office. Because of the demo, painting, moving furniture, etc. we had to take down our computer and undo the cable and internet. So I didn't have internet for a while and although my iPhone is wonderful, it's not great for blogging.

Anyway, we are doing great. Derick started school this week. Have I given an update on what he is going into? I can't remember so I will now. Sorry if you have already heard it. We were really feeling discouraged after Derick lost his job in Utah (which was nothing having to do with him, by the way). He has been unsure of what he wanted to do. He was pretty set on getting an MBA or getting another Master's degree (and he even got accepted to Georgetown for their Master's in Sports Management), but it just didn't feel right. For various reasons, he just wanted to get out of the business world. One thing that he has really always wanted to do is become a physical therapist. He has worked in PT offices before and loved it, but steered away from going into it several years back. Within the last month or two, the idea has resurfaced and he got so excited about doing it. I think we both are excited. So that's what we are doing. Derick is taking the next year to finish up some sciences, and then he should start PT school next summer. It's going to be 4 more years of school, but it's going to be worth it if it's going to make him happy and it will be a steady career. Plus, when we look back in 20 years, 4 years won't seem like a long time.

Derick was also offered a job with another sports technology company based out of Philadelphia. They are going to let him work from home (yeah!) which will allow him to finish up his schooling. So he will do that just for this next year, because he won't be able to work while he is in PT school.

So that's what is going on with us. We are excited. Lincoln and I are just hanging out and having fun. We have had lots of family visitors lately and he loves playing with everyone. He is now over 15 months and is SO fun. He is learning to do new things all the time and is saying so many words.

Words:
That
What's that?
Oh, wow! (my favorite!)
Da (Dad)
Mama
Ball
Outside
DaDa (Papa)
No
Yeah
Yes
Uh-Oh (my other favorite)
Dee Dee (his cousin)
Juice
Thank You
Dog
bye-bye
nigh-night
hiiiiii (yes, he says hi all drawn out like that. too cute.)
down
yum yum
dip dip dip (when he dips something into ketchup)

I know that there are more but I can't think of them.

It was so cute yesterday...he came up to me and it was like he was saying, "Mom, come help me!" So I asked him to show me and I followed him back into the bedroom. He knelt down on the floor and looked under his bed. His cup of milk had rolled under there so I got it out for him and then he was happy. It was so cute how he came to me for help like that.

He loves to dance and sing.
He loves to play with anything with wheels.
Lately, he will put a blanket or towel or shirt or anything else like that over his head/face and will walk around blindly just bumping into things. He thinks it's so funny.
He also gets a kick out of himself lately. When he thinks that he's being funny, he will throw his head back and smile/laugh.
He also loves playing with water. The other day, Derick took out the hose and shot it up in the air. Lincoln loved running through the water as it fell down. I think he thought he was back at the splash park. A couple of days later, Derick had a spray bottle and sprayed Lincoln with it. He loved it. He just kept wanting to be sprayed in the face with it! A spray bottle! What a goof ball.
He also doesn't really walk anywhere. He runs.
And he is super duper independent. He wants to do everything himself.
He is such a happy little boy.
We just love him to pieces.

The poor little guy is actually not feeling well today and has a temperature. I hope that doesn't last too long.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

That's so exciting! Yay for Derick! I'm glad he found something he's excited about! And little Lincoln is getting so big and saying so many words! Isn't this such a fun age? I love watching them!

Amber said...

Physical Therapy?! I had no idea! That is exciting for you guys and the time really does go by pretty fast, Matt only has one year left!We miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

So excited for you and Derick and your new upcoming adventures in PT school! :) Maybe him and Randy can open up a clinic together someday ;)