Last week we had a crazy blizzard. It didn't last for too long, but it was intense while it lasted. I was kind of at a loss for what to do with Lincoln at that time, so I turned on Toy Story 3 and gave him a dum dum. He sat in his chair and was quite content. It was the cutest thing.
Watching...
"I hear something crazy outside."
"Wow, that snow is pretty intense."
"Oh, well. The movie is more interesting."
"Mom, you're in the way."
And then he came to snuggle with me. Yes!
Ok, so last night we had another storm. The weather here is so crazy. Yesterday was like the warmest day we have had all winter, and then it all went downhill from there. The wind started up. And I have NEVER seen wind as intense as this. I am not kidding. So it was howling and banging things around. I thought our cars were gonna blow away. It was that strong. Then our power went out. Sheesh. We had just put Lincoln to bed, so we thought it would be ok with just the two of us, but the wind was so noisy and his room was pitch black b/c the night light went out, so Lincoln wouldn't go to sleep. Plus, we have to have a heater in his room b/c it's so cold in there and of course that was out too. So we got him up. We sat and watched season 4 of Happy Days on Derick's laptop and it was pretty fun, until Lincoln got over-exhausted. So I tried to take him in our room and lay down with him. But that didn't work. He can't sleep with anyone in the same room, and he thinks it's awesome to be on our bed, so he was too excited.
Anyway, I finally just had to put him back in his own bed, hoping that the power would come back on soon so that he could be warm. He went to sleep after just a few minutes. A little while later, the power did come back on. Thank goodness.
Derick and I kept watching the show on his laptop even though we could have used the TV. Why? It was fun.
The night brought what is probably the most unattractive picture known to man, but it's hilarious and it will hold memories for us. I can't believe I am even putting it on here. This is while we were watching the show. Since the lights were out the flash was extra bright as you can tell by our faces.
Oh, and thank goodness for the flashlights we got a couple of months ago at Costco. And thanks to Derick for strategically placing them around the house. Way to go, Eagle Scout. It is nice to be prepared.







No comments:
Post a Comment